Monday, November 15, 2010

We're having a...

GIRL!!

Yesterday, we went for an early gender detection ultrasound. I've had a few friends who have found out the gender of their babies at 13-14 weeks, so I figured I would try to sneak a peek! The tech told us that it was a baby girl! Apparently she saw the "3 lines" or "3 dots" that signify a girl. Obviously, I would have been happy with a boy or a girl, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking "No penis, no penis..." while I was on that table... ha ha. We are all very excited to be adding some pink to our family. From the very beginning, Hudson said he wanted a baby sister, so I guess he's getting what he wanted!

We will be naming our little girl London Lorraine. Lorraine is my grandpa's name, and for a while now, we've thought it would make a great middle name. After we found out the gender, I called my grandpa to make sure it was okay with him to use his name for our daughter. He replied, "That would be fine." If you know my grandpa, you know he is a rough and gruff kind of guy- a man of few words. So I knew even by this simple phrase that he thought it was pretty cool. I'm sure he's told a few friends at the donut store already.

3 comments:

Joan said...

YAY!! We love girls! So happy for you and dad....very thankful this am! Love, gramma.

Unknown said...

I'm so so so happy for you guys! London is a great name! I love it! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks! We are very excited!!