Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful on Paper : week four


I can't have a month of thanks without mentioning my husband!

That being said, it's hard to sum up all the things I want to say about Brandon. He's a wonderful husband, father and friend. I love how we do life together. There is no one I would rather spend my time with... even if we are doing absolutely nothing. He is my best friend, and he truly has my back in any situation.

When I've had a tough day, he gives Hudson his bath so that I can lay on the couch and relax. When he gets home from work before me, he starts dinner. He gets Hudson ready for school in the morning and packs his lunch. He puts flannel sheets on our bed when it gets cold so that it is extra comfy for us when we go to bed. These are just a few silly things that mean so much to me.

Over the last few years, we have really grown together - in our maturity and in our faith. He challenges me to get out of my comfort zone. We have had some ups and downs (I can do without any more injuries/surgeries, thank you) but through it all, we have tried to focus on the silver lining (there has always been one), and we have learned what is truly important in life.

I am so thankful for having such an amazing man to share my life with. Cheers to many, many more Thanksgivings!

6 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

isn't is wonderful to have someone get us out of our comfort zone?! :)

thanks for sharing, praise the lord for your sweet hubby!

Ashley said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joan said...

So nice to read these words about my son. You gave me Thanksgiving tears this am. A single mom only dreams to help develop a great guy with God's support and guidance. So happy you have what I dream about. Love and appreciation for the both of you, as you Heather, make my son a better man. see you this afternoon, Sammaw

Joan said...

PS....just love this picture...what a fantabulous day we had! Gorgeous couple....

Unknown said...

What a wonderful man.
Thanks for sharing and I would like to wish you a happy Thanksgiving over there :-)

Val said...

Your blog is precious. Happy Monday.