Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful on Paper : week three


This week I wrote to my good friend, Erin, who I met back in 2003 when I moved into the apartment next door to her. We hit it off instantly and were practically inseparable from that point on! We ended up working together at Outback and would spend most of our free time together (usually involving a bar, but what do you expect from 21-year-olds?) And it was on the same day in July 2004 that we started dating our now-husbands.

We've had so many great memories together, and we have also been there for each other during tough times. We have spent countless hours laying around on the couch, talking about whatever drama we had going on in our lives. Erin always gives it to me straight, and I really appreciate that quality in her. She stood up with me the day I got married, and I was able to do the same for her a few months later.

Unfortunately, we are no longer neighbors - she actually lives in Northern California now - but she is still one of my very best friends. I was able to visit her last month and meet her new baby girl, and it was great being able to lay around on the couch having girl talk again... just like old times (minus the dirty martinis and late-night Del Taco!) Luckily we have both grown up since we were crazy, single 21-year-olds... but regardless of how old we get, she will always have a special place in my heart!

2 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

Hooray for sweet friends! Thanks for sharing! xo

elsie said...

a friend that will lay around the couch with you AND give it to you straight is a friend forever, lucky girl!