Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful on Paper : week two


This week I wrote to my Aunt Thelma, who is my dad's sister.  Growing up, it used to be such a treat to spend the night at her house. My cousin, Amber, and I would go together and we'd have girl time and play at the park, swim in the neighborhood pool, etc. Over the last few years, I have become close to my aunt, and she's always been there to lend an ear or offer advice and wisdom. She is extremely thoughtful and sweet. During each of my pregnancies, she threw me a wonderful baby shower and went all out to make it special for me. She is also a godly woman, and will be going on her first ever mission trip to Honduras in a few months! I have so much love and respect for my Aunt Thelma and wanted to write her a note this week to let her know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is fantastic! Wish she was my aunt! ;) I'm so glad you have her close, since your mama is far. xo