Monday, January 31, 2011

24 weeks


I had my 24- week appointment on Friday and everything is still going great. My weight gain is now at 18 pounds, which my doctor says is fine, but she also warned me to be careful, as sometimes the weight gain can escalate quickly from here on out! She advised watching the carbs and the desserts. Watch the desserts? I've been watching them... go into my mouth! I have a huge sweet tooth, so I have a hard time avoiding ice cream, cupcakes, etc. But, in the interest of NOT gaining 60 pounds, I have decided to be better about my food choices.

Yesterday, Brandon & I went shopping for some healthier foods: lots of fruit and veggies, more salads, chicken & fish, nuts for snacking, Greek yogurt, etc. And maybe I will only make homemade ice cream once a month... and ask my coworkers to kindly NOT call me when a vendor brings in donuts. :)

For any other pregnant friends out there, here is a list I found of the 10 best foods to eat during pregnancy:

1. Eggs
2. Salmon
3. Beans
4. Sweet potatoes
5. Popcorn & other whole grains
6. Walnuts
7. Greek yogurt
8. Dark green, leafy veggies
9. Lean meats
10.Colorful fruits & veggies
(from BabyCenter.com)

No comments: