Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bishop // 3 months


3 months: 15 lb // 26 inches

Well after a couple challenging months, Bishop has become kind of a dream! For the last few weeks, he's been on a good routine & is overall just a happy guy! (Thank you, Lord.) Of course that happened right before I returned to work... but I'll take it. He's also been sleeping great at night- usually 11-12 hours! My best sleeper yet.

Initially I was really concerned about having someone else take care of him when I went back to work because he was so fussy. (Do babies get expelled from daycare?) We decided to have Bishop go to Amanda's a few times before my maternity leave ended, and from the first day Amanda & Guillermo commented that he is such a good baby and rarely cries. I was shocked. But obviously so relieved. I've been back at work for a week and a half now, and he's doing awesome. We are so blessed to have such amazing people to take care of him... it really makes things so much easier.

However, EASY does not really describe life right now. It's crazy how much work is involved every day, before we technically start working. Since I start my job at 7 and commute 30 miles, I have to leave by 6:20. Which means I'm up at 5 to shower, get ready, pump, pack lunches, pack Bishop's bag and help dress the kids. Brandon has the fun job of loading up the kids and dropping them off at Amanda's and school. So far everything has gone smoothly, and all but one day, Bishop slept until it was time to go. I'm so grateful to have such a great partner. Brandon does so much & I couldn't do all this without him! Anyway, aside from all the work before and after work, it's good to be back at work and back in a routine. And once I'm at the office, it's actually kind of relaxing.

Hudson & London are still so in love with their brother. Every day they are excited to see him. Hudson just graduated from kindergarten this week & had a great report card and perfect attendance! He's learned so much this year & I am so proud of him. London finished her first year of preschool. She started in the 2-year-old class, and was moved mid-year up to the 3-year-old class. She is as stubborn and sassy as ever... never a dull moment with her. But the girl is definitely smart.

No comments: