Monday, July 21, 2014

Bishop // 4 months


4 MONTHS OLD
weight: 16 lb 6 oz
height: 27 inches
clothes: 6-9 months
diaper: size 3
eating: rice cereal

Bishop is now 4 months old and growing fast! He's actually the biggest of all my kids at this point. He has turned into a really happy and easy-going baby!! I never thought I'd say that after the first couple months we had. I think his reflux has gotten much better and causing him less discomfort.

He is eating so much!! Amanda told me he drinks 8 oz at a time, and I didn't believe it until I gave him a bottle a couple days ago. It's been hard for me to keep up with his appetite, so we decided to introduce him to rice cereal a couple weeks early (I was planning to wait until 4 months). He has done amazingly well with it. I also gave him his first formula bottle so we could slowly get his body used to that. I'm hoping to nurse him until 6 months but, honestly, this pumping business is not fun. Between pumping 4-5 times a day, carrying my pump around, and washing bottles and parts every night... it's tiring! I'm just glad I've been able to keep up with him this long.

Bishop has been waking up a couple times a night for the last few weeks. I remember London doing the same thing... she slept through the night for a couple weeks, and then started waking up multiple times again! Just when you get used to a full night's sleep. I know I'm reinforcing the waking up by feeding him in the middle of the night, but when you're exhausted and your baby is crying, it's easiest just to nurse him back to sleep. At some point I'll have to let him cry it out or self-soothe but it's tough, especially with his room being attached to ours!

In other news, he's now rolling both ways! He started rolling tummy to back a few weeks ago, and yesterday he rolled back to tummy. It's funny because I never even saw him trying to roll back to tummy until yesterday, and then he was just doing it! Quick learner. ;)

Brandon & I are still tired all the time. It's seriously so much work each and every day. It feels like there's never enough time in the day, and we don't even have the kids in any activities! I'm not sure how families do it when the kids are in sports during the week... but maybe both of those parents aren't working full-time. Anyway, we just take it a day at a time!

No comments: