Friday, February 18, 2011

27 weeks

Today I am 27 weeks, which I think takes me into the third trimester.  I had a bit of a rough start... my 1-hour glucose test (which screens for gestational diabetes) came back high on Tuesday, so today I went in for the 3-hour test.  I had to fast for 12 hours, go in this morning and have my blood drawn, and drink the glucola.  After that I had to have my blood taken at 1, 2 and 3 hours.  I was a little worried about having to go 16 hours without eating, but I did fine.  I don't think the glucola tastes too bad (although it would have tasted better cold) and I didn't have any adverse reactions like nausea or dizziness.  (Must have been all the prayers going up on my behalf.)  I was able to leave the doctor's office in between blood draws, so I ran a couple errands and hung out with Brandon & Hudson, which made it go faster.  I was very happy at 11:50 when my last blood sample was taken, and the 3 1/2 of us went to Cafe Rio for lunch!  Now I'm just waiting for my results and crossing my fingers that they're normal.  

**UPDATE: Test results were normal, woohoo!!!

No comments: