Thursday, March 13, 2014

40 weeks // Baby #3


how far along: 40 weeks
total weight gain: 36 pounds
signs of labor: dilated 3 cm, 50% effaced

I can't believe I've made it 40 weeks! Go figure that I would be pregnant the longest with #3. I had an appointment yesterday & have made some progress, but the baby is still somewhat high. My doctor thinks I'll go into labor within 72 hours... but if this baby doesn't budge, we'll be inducing on Wednesday 3/19. I'd really like to go into labor before then.

I feel pretty good and have been staying busy with work, so that's been a good distraction. But I'm definitely ready to have this baby & nervous about how big he might be if he doesn't come soon! My guess is that he's around 8 1/2 pounds right now... based on the other kids' weights. I feel like all 3 pregnancies have been really similar in terms of weight gain, size of my belly, etc.

But overall, I've had a great pregnancy and I'm so grateful to have carried this baby for 40+ weeks! He should be nice & healthy when he finally makes his debut!

No comments: