Monday, February 13, 2012

Cabbage Patch Kids


Cabbage Patch Kids hold a special place in my heart. As a little girl, I remember being at my grandparents' house on Easter, going out to their garden with my sister and finding our Cabbage Patch Kid dolls hidden amongst the cabbage, wrapped up in green tissue paper. My sister and I had quite a few of the dolls and I loved the smell of them and their yarn hair.

For London's first Christmas, she received her first Cabbage Patch Kid from my grandma (her great-grandma). Although the new dolls are a bit more modern (and sadly without the yarn hair!) they have the same familiar smell and it brings back all the wonderful memories.

Yesterday I snapped this picture of London and her baby "Leigh Jordan" (which came on her birth certificate... fitting, since my middle name is Leigh) and I had to laugh at how similar they looked! Bright eyes, big smile and chubby cheeks!

No comments: