Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back to Reality...

This week my maternity leave ended and I returned to work. I had mixed emotions about it. On one hand, it was so nice being home with my little ones for 3 months, and I knew was going to be weird not being with London 24-hours a day. On the other hand, being home with 2 kids is hard work!! London is pretty easy, but having a 3-year-old who wants to GO-GO-GO made it challenging at times. During the last couple weeks I was home, I was feeling so exhausted by the end of the day and my patience was wearing thin. I feel like going to work is somewhat of a break (since I can sit at my desk the majority of the day). And I feel like getting away from the kids for a little while makes me a better parent, as it restores my patience and allows me to feel that excitement about seeing them again.

So I started back on Monday, bright and early. Luckily, London got to stay home with her daddy that day so that calmed my nerves about leaving her. They did really well together and since Hudson was at school, Brandon said he had a pretty relaxing day with his little girl. I am fortunate that London can be at home with family 5 days a week, and only go to daycare 2 days a week. We found a wonderful woman to watch her, and she lives very close to Hudson's school, which makes it convenient. So far so good... it's a little hectic in the mornings for Brandon when he has to drop off both kids, and for me when I have to pick them up, but we'll adjust. And Gramma Joan came by over the weekend and stocked us up with meals, so that is definitely helping too. :)


No comments: