Friday, December 31, 2010

Halfway there!

I am officially at the halfway point in my pregnancy... 20 weeks! The baby is now about 6.5 inches long and almost 11 ounces. I had my doctor's appointment this week and found out that my 18-week ultrasound and blood screenings all came back perfect! So I am thankful for that. I also found out that my placenta is in the front, which is the reason why I haven't felt a lot of movement yet. Apparently an "anterior placenta" acts as a cushion in the front, causing it to take longer to feel the baby move. And here I thought she was just a mellow little girl... nope! She's as active as can be, moving all around.
I'm still feeling great, just starting to grow more! My weight gain is now at 12 lb, thanks to all my holiday indulgences. :) Not too bad, considering. We had a wonderful Christmas, and it was so much fun watching Hudson open his "prensents" and get really into it this year. Next year we will be celebrating with another little person!

No comments: