Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Big Preschooler


Yesterday was Hudson's first day of preschool! He is attending a Christian school about a mile from home. Technically, school doesn't start until September, but they offer a summer camp with fun activities and lessons, and we felt it would be a good way for Hudson to get acclimated before the fall. 

His first day went great- his teacher said he listened really well. He was a little confused at nap time because he's not used to sleeping on a cot with other kids in the room, but he'll get the hang of it. When I picked him up, he didn't want to leave. I waited a few minutes, but eventually had to carry him out against his will! I guess that's a good thing, but it can be a bit challenging to carry 31 pounds of uncooperative weight. :) 

I asked Hudson about his day and he said "Bikes!!" then waited a few seconds and said "Trash truck!!" and "Basketball!" By the way, Hudson thinks any large, noisy vehicle is a trash truck... but in his defense, the school is having a trash truck visit today to talk about "Going Green" so I'm sure he was referring to that. All in all, it was a great start to preschool! Yay Hudson!!

No comments: