Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful on Paper : week three


I met Monica about two years ago at Kiddie Gym at Saddleback Church. Actually, I met her son (Tyson) and her mom first... Monica was pregnant with triplets at the time and on bedrest. Hudson and Tyson became buddies, and I always enjoyed chatting with her mom. One day, after the babies were born, Monica came to Kiddie Gym and we instantly hit it off. We started meeting at the park with the kids, and then Monica invited us to her birthday party. Brandon and I decided to go, even though we didn't know anyone... but Brandon instantly hit it off with Monica and her husband too. Since then, we have had lots of family days together and a couple double dates without the kids (not an easy feat with 6 kids, collectively!) Monica is an amazing woman. She is so thoughtful and always has a great attitude. She has 4 young kids and works full-time, yet never seems frazzled or stressed out. (If she is, she certainly hides it well!) I really admire her, and even though we've only been friends for 2 years, I consider her one of my very best friends and couldn't imagine her not in my life.

1 comment:

grey rose (they/them) said...

what a great friend!

happy thursday, heather!